Portable tire rack maker offers free materials
Steel King Industries Inc., a manufacturer of portable tire racking and material handling systems, is offering free training materials for the installation of portable racking systems.
"As portable racks become more popular because of their flexibility, it's critical to ensure that operators load and stack them properly, whether the racks have side pressure on the posts or not," says Sales Manager Dawayne Edwards. "Since the portable racks are a flexible, stackable system, it takes some know how to avoid stacking them too high, or not high enough, to achieve the safest, most efficient use of warehouse space."
The safety manual features guidelines for proper installation, operation and maintenance. They include:
* how to lift, move, place, and stack racks for maximum safety and efficiency;
* what type of floor must be used, and which types may lead to tipping;
* how to match rack capacity with load weight;
* how to match base construction to fork length;
* when "high corner sockets" or heavy gauge corner posts may be required; and
* when standard or custom designs are required.
To obtain free copies of the "Portable Rack User's Manual" plus the "How to Design Portable Racks" handbook, contact Donald Heemstra at Steel King by mail at 2700 Chamber St., Stevens Point, WI 54481; phone at (800) 826-0203; or email at email@example.com. You also can visit the company's Web site at www.steelking.com.