Retreaders continue to invest in operations
Despite a tough economy, a number of retreaders are continuing to invest in their operations by upgrading their shop equipment and boosting production capacities. The April 2008 issue of Modern Tire Dealer examines the nation's largest retreaders with its Top 100 U.S. Retreaders List.
Retreaders who have announced growth plans include, among others:
* Belle Tire Distributors Inc. (Allen Park, Mich.), which is buying new chambers, buffers and builders.
* Boulevard Tire (Deland, Fla.), which is adding another curing chamber.
* Looney's Tire Service Inc. (Little Rock, Ark.), which is installing new machinery, including a chamber and a new monorail system.
* Service Tire Truck Centers (Bethlehem, Pa.), which is expanding three plants to handle growing demand.
* TreadWright Inc. (Edgemont, S.D.), which is adding five CIMA presses to boost its light truck tire retread capacity.
The April issue of MTD also contains a special, in-depth look at the country's 10 biggest retreaders, including independently owned retread operations and tire manufacturer-owned operations.