Cooper announces 'new' rebate program
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. wants consumers to take the money and ride -- again.
Following its successful "Take the Money and Ride National Event" rebate promotion last fall, Cooper is bringing it back. From March 2 through April 30, 2009, consumers will receive rebates on a modified lineup of eligible products.
"The national event was designed to let consumers experience the quality and performance of Cooper Tire's products firsthand," says Hal Gardner, vice president of marketing for Cooper's North American Tire Division. "With the support of our dealers, we are bringing the rebate program back in order to give a new set of consumers the same opportunity."
Cooper is supporting the rebate program with national television and radio advertising. New point of sale materials for its dealers will include a poster, tire insert, window decal and counter card entry form.
Consumers can obtain a rebate form from their local Cooper Tire dealer or download one at www.coopertire.com.
The lineup of eligible products for the spring "Take the Money and Ride" rebate promotion is:
* Lifeliner GLS (45,000- or 60,000-mile warranty). The rebate offer is $25 off a set of four.
* CS4 Touring (60,000- or 80,000-mile warranty). The rebate offer is $40 off a set of four.
* Cooper Zeon Sport A/S. The rebate offer is $40 off a set of four.
* Discoverer CTS (70,000-mile warranty). The rebate offer is $50 off a set of four.
* Discoverer ATR (50,000-mile warranty). The rebate offer is $50 off a set of four.
* Discoverer H/T (40,000- or 60,000-mile warranty). The rebate offer is $50 off a set of four.
There also will be a rebate of $50 off a set of four Discoverer LSX tires if purchased through select Tire Kingdom, NTB and Merchant's retailers.