RMA to sponsor ground rubber recycling conference
The Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA), Clemson University Asphalt Rubber Technology Service, the Rubber Association of Canada and Empire State Development will sponsor “Scrap to Profit 3 -- Using Ground Rubber in Rubber and Plastic Products" on June 3-4, 2009, at the Hyatt in Buffalo, N.Y.
The conference theme is “Learn, Network, Share and Promote.”
“We are very pleased to continue the effort of advancing higher-valued added markets and building upon the success of the last two conferences,” says Michael Blumenthal, RMA vice president. “At this conference we are expanding the products to be discussed, and will have in-depth panels and discussions on playgrounds, infill and mulch, three of the faster growing markets in our industry.
The “Scrap to Profit 3” conference will have presentations on each of four major ground rubber markets plus an update on the Ontario scrap tire program. Topics to be discussed include:
* Addressing the health impact concerns
* Marketing to mass merchandisers
* Quality assurance for mulch
* Market issues for playground cover
* ASTM standards for playground cover
* Quality issues for loose fill playground
* Market Issues for infill material
* Standards for infill material
* Tire supply issues
* Compounding recycled rubber
* Equipment for Molding and Extruding Rubber
* Three case studies
* Update on the Ontario Tire stewardship plan
A Web site has been created to obtain more information and to register: www.scraptoprofit.com
The Scrap to Profit 3 will be held in conjunction with the first annual New York State Tire Derived Aggregate (TDA) Workshop sponsored by Empire State Development and the Center for Integrated Waste Management – University at Buffalo. The NYS TDA Workshop will be held on Tuesday, June 2, 2009, also at the Hyatt.
Program and registration information for the NYS TDA Workshop can be obtained at: www.tdanys.buffalo.edu.