SEMA Show Preview: TIA honors exiting board members
The Tire Industry Association honored five outgoing board members at its annual meeting in Las Vegas. The meeting was held prior to the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show, which starts Tuesday, Oct. 31.
Jimmy Crews, Joe Kovac, Larry Sehman, Bill Short and Anne Evans received tokens of the association's appreciation for their past services. Evans, president of both Tyres 2000 Ltd. and EER Ltd., was singled out for her 20-plus years of service as a TIA director.
"You have been the foundation of our international cause," said Past President Bob Malerba to Evans.
In addition, five new board members were introduced. They are:
1. Roy Bromfield, New Bridge Consulting Inc., Greenville, S.C.;
2. Steve Craven, Craven Tire & Auto, Fairfax, Va.;
3. Dave Crawford, American Car Care Centers, Memphis, Tenn.;
4. Michael Jones, Sonsio Inc., Golden, Colo.;
5. Ron Lautzenheiser, College Tire Inc., dba Big O Tire, Fort Collins, Colo.
Five board members were re-elected: Buck Blair, Tech International, Johnstown, Ohio; Dean Bray, Bray's Recapping Service Inc., Mount Airy, N.C.; Tom Formanek, Stellar Industries Inc., Garner, Iowa; Dick Gust, Lakin Environmental Industries, Chicago, Ill.; and Jim Pangle, Fountain tire, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.