Former tire dealer Tom Gegax will participate in conference
Former tire dealer Tom Gegax is among the participants lined up for Global MindChange Forum 2006. The event, sponsored by the World Business Academy, will be hosted by the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., Oct. 3-6.
The Global MindChange Forum is designed to engage the business participants in dialogue on the role of business in the creation of a sustainable global future. The theme of this year's forum is "Knowledge is Power: The Holistic Business Model for Success."
Gegax sold his 150-store Tires Plus chain in 2000 and founded Gegax Management Systems. He is the author of two books on business management, and has contributed to Modern Tire Dealer's Business Insight column.
Joining Gegax will be George Zimmer, chairman, CEO and founder of the Men's Wearhouse; George McCown, chairman and managing director of McCown DeLeeuw & Co.; Geeta Aiyer, CFA and president of Boston Common Asset Management LLC; and Hazel Henderson, founder of Ethical Markets Media LLC. A number of Kellogg School faculty members also will be participating in the conference.
The topics for this year's gathering include:
* Opportunities for Proactive Corporate Leadership: Corporate Governance Evolves;
* The Chaotic Global Economy: The Academy's EconForecast;
* Showcasing CEO Leadership;
* Tomorrow's Winners: The Sustainability Factor;
* Global Warming and Planetary Fuel Shift: Hydrocarbons to Renewables;
* The Web of Relationships: Transforming Work and Self; and
* Getting the Job Done Today: Practical Examples of Global Reconstruction.
The forum begins on Tuesday afternoon, Oct. 3, and concludes after lunch on Friday, Oct. 6. For a complete agenda, pricing, hotel information and registration guidelines, please visit the Academy's Web site at www.worldbusiness.org.
The World Business Academy was founded in 1987 as a global, membership-based, non-profit, non-political organization "dedicated to building a better world through business."