Fierce 'cyber-salesperson' to help sell Goodyear tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has launched a new Web site showcasing its line of Fierce brand tires.
The site -- www.fiercetires.com -- features bold graphics, beginning with a view inside the cockpit of a customized sport compact car.
Included on the site are sections such as:
* Fierce TV -- The brand's introductory video, which displays urban scenes and customized cars, with corresponding music.
* Rate Me -- Site visitors can submit their own vehicle photos and descriptions, or voice opinions on the cars already displayed.
* Let the Drooling Begin -- The interior view of a car, which serves as a launch site for many of the sections, can be customized in color and design by changing interior items such as the dashboard, shift knob, steering wheel and radio faceplate.
* Look Fierce -- Information on purchasing Fierce-branded apparel.
* Fierce 360 -- A section called "My Story" details one enthusiast’s adventure in building customized cars and in living the "tuner" life. Presented in a casual interview format, this segment is downloadable to an iPod.
* Fierce Tunes -- Selected songs can be played or downloaded.
* Locate a Retailer -- Typing in a zip code, area code or city/state lets consumers find their nearest outlet for Fierce tires.
* Registrations -- Anyone can sign up for free e-mail product updates and Fierce events.
Other services offered on the site include an FAQ section for questions on Fierce tires, and downloadable computer wallpapers that feature highly modified cars.
Goodyear introduced the Fierce brand of performance tires this year.
"The branding of Fierce for this tire line introduces a new nameplate for our retailers and for the enthusiasts in this segment. The name embodies the essence of the tires, which appeal to performance drivers who aren't satisfied with the status quo of their vehicles. They are interested in vehicle customization, and they want to make a statement," Chris Magana, marketing manager for Fierce.
Offered in the new line are the Fierce HP (high performance), Fierce UHP (ultra-high performance) and Fierce ST (sport truck) tires.
Goodyear's support of the new tire line through the Web site, point-of-sale materials and the clothing line will help tire retailers compete in the important and fast-growing vehicle modification business, the company said.
"We want the brand name to help tell potential buyers that Fierce is a line of tires that offers style and performance at a great value. Because consumers in the market for new tires often seek out information about products prior to visiting a retail outlet, this new site should work as another kind of cyber-salesperson, providing product details, fitment information and other premium services designed to complete the overall Fierce experience," said Magana.