Kumho recalls 78,000 Venture light truck tires
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. is voluntarily recalling 78,000 Venture HT and AT light truck tires in the United States and Canada.
The recall is "due to a noticeable blister on the sidewall that may exist in certain Kumho Load Range E tires," say Kumho officials.
"The blister may produce a noticeable tire vibration, which a driver might detect. The condition may eventually result in tire air pressure loss, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash.
"To date, there have been no reported tire failures, accidents or injuries."
The recall involves the following tires only:
* Kumho Venture HT 824 (size LT215/85R16; serial number 4TOPYDIP; manufactured date: 1105-4805);
* Kumho Venture HT 824 (LT225/75R16; serial number 4T1LYD1P; manufactured date: 1605-4605);
* Kumho Venture HT 824 (size LT235/85R16; serial number 4T0RYD1P; manufactured date: 1105-5105);
* Kumho Venture HT 824 (size LT245/75R16; serial number 4T11YD1P; manufactured date 1105-5105);
* Kumho Venture AT KL78 (size LT215/85R16; serial number 4TOPYD4A; manufactured date 0305-4605);
* Kumho Venture AT KL78 (size LT225/75R16; serial number 4T1LTD4A; manufactured date 0305-4305);
* Kumho Venture AT KL78 (size LT235/85R16; serial number 4T0RYD4A; manufactured date 0305-4605);
* Kumho Venture AT KL78 (size LT245/75R16; serial number 4T11YD4A; manufactured date 0305-4205);
* Kumho Venture AT KL78 (size LT265/75R16; serial number 4TW8YD4A; 0305-4605).
"All recalled tires will be replaced at no cost to consumers, including mounting and balancing, through Kumho tire dealers throughout the U.S. and Canada."
Kumho has informed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Transport Canada of the recall.