Ohio governor will attend Yokohama's grand opening
When Yokohama Tire Corp. officially opens its new distribution center near Columbus, Ohio, tomorrow, Ohio Governor Bob Taft will be on-hand.
The 750,000-square-foot facility is situated on approximately 40 acres of land. It is part of the Opus Business Center in Groveport, Ohio. Yokohama occupies 651,284 square feet of the building.
The event will include a tree-planting ceremony, ribbon-cutting and a Japanese sake barrel-breaking ceremony (which signifies the beginning of a new business endeavor). In addition to Taft and Groveport Mayor Lance Westcamp, the following Yokohama dignitaries will be present:
* Norio Karashima, CEO and president.
* Shinichi Suzuki, executive vice president, manufacturing and technology plant manager.
* Jim McMaster, executive vice president, business division.
* Takahara Fushimi, vice president of operations and CFO.
* Jim Quinn, director of operations.
Jim Heller, CEO and president of Opus North, also will attend the grand opening.