Intelligent Tire Technology Conference books star-studded speakers
Three days. Seventeen scheduled speakers. The Intelligent Tire Technology (ITT) Conference will explore future tire pressure monitoring system technologies, implementation and instrumentation with a star-studded lineup.
From April 28-30, 2008, event organizers will hold workshops and seminars at the Marriott Dearborn Inn in Dearborn, Mich. Here's how the three-day event breaks out.
1. Day one. The conference opens with a series of "pre-conference" workshops at 8 a.m. with breakfast) on Monday, April 28. Roundtable and workshop speakers include:
* Roundtable: Kevin Rohlwing, senior vice president of training, Tire Industry Association; Gary Ruede, technical applications supervisor, Discount Tire Co.; Bob Ulrich, editor, Modern Tire Dealer.
* Workshops: Mark Shaw, senior systems engineer, Freescale Semiconductor; Jean-Luc Sauriol, president, Ob3solutions; Fred Starkey, TPMS technical consultant.
2. Day two. The conference itself officially opens on Tuesday, April 29, at 8:30 a.m. with a continental breakfast and registration. In addition to Rohlwing and Shaw, guest speakers include:
* Will Hu, vice president of marketing and sales for North America, Shanghai Baolong Automotive Corp.;
* Carl Wacker, vice president of sales and marketing, Schrader Electronics;
* Dr. Urban Forssell, CEO and president, Nira Dynamics AB;
* Bob Benedict, senior research and development associate, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.; and
* Dr. Patrick King, global electronics strategist, Michelin North America Inc.
3. Day three. The third and final day of the conference begins at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 30 with a continental breakfast and registration. Guest speakers include:
* John Maxgay, lead tire pressure monitoring system engineer, General Motors Corp.;
* Victor Underberg, manager of development stability managing systems, tire monitoring systems, Audi AG;
* Todd St. John, active chassis controls supervisor, Chrysler LLC;
* Horst Muenzel, director of sensor engineering, Robert Bosch Gmbh;
* Dr. Stefan Stoelzl, managing director, Continental Engineering Services GmbH; and
* Dr. Gregory Kuchler, manager, innovations, Continental Corp.
To register, call (800) 882-8684. For more information, visit www.iqpc.com/us/tiretech.