SEMA Show, pre-show: Ken-Tool picks 6
Ken-Tool Corp. will debut six problem-solving tire changing and service products at the 2102 SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show in Las Vegas, Nev.
Visitors to the show can see the new tire service products at the Global Tire Expo, booth No. 40088, in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The launch includes three specialty socket sets, the Dual Wheel Separator and the revolutionary reCore TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) Sensor Saver System, which the company says makes short work of TPMS sensor repair. Ken-Tool also will introduce "the world’s largest single-piece tire inflation cage."
1. TPMS Sensor Saver System. An affordable solution to valve stem corrosion problems, the patent-pending reCore Sensor Saver System provides everything service technicians need to repair seized and corroded TPMS valve cores -- including replacement TPMS valve stems and caps that are nickel-plated and will not fail due to galvanic corrosion.
The replacement process itself is fast and simple. Technicians work directly on the damaged sensor valves, removing the corroded core and stem, tapping new threads and torqueing in the replacement stem.
2. World’s largest single-piece inflation cage. The new Ken-Tool Earthmover and Agricultural Tire Inflation Cage guards both technicians and the shop environment against the explosions that stem from blown lock rings and rims on large earthmover and agricultural tires.
Made from heavy-gauge steel tubing welded to a steel base, the cage measures 48 inches by 72 inches by 89 inches. It features a robust 10-bar construction and fits up to 29.5R25 L-3 Earthmover tire and rim assemblies.
A video that graphically demonstrates both the destructive power of a 150-psi earthmover tire explosion and the strength of the Earthmover Tire Inflation Cage that contains the blast can be viewed on YouTube.
3. Dual Wheel Separator. This new specialty tool makes removing stuck or frozen dual steel wheels quick and easy. Ideal for use on nearly any dual steel wheel truck, bus or van, the separator slips between rust-frozen wheels and uses the power of a screw-driven pusher to force them apart. "Technicians can drive it easily with an impact wrench," says the company.
4. Sockets for removing wheel locks or damaged lug nuts. The new Ken-Tool 4-Piece Lug Nut Remover Impact Socket Set has patented, internal tapered reverse threads that lock onto damaged nuts and easily tap the power of an impact wrench to pull them off. The set comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
5. Sockets for removing damaged wheel studs and inner Budd nuts. The new Ken-Tool 4 PC. H.D. Wheel Stud Remover Set features patented, internal tapered reverse threads that lock onto damaged studs or nuts, so technicians can easily remove them with an impact wrench. The set comes conveniently packaged in a compact storage case and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
6. Thin-wall sockets for wheels with minimum clearances. Ken-Tool’s new 7-Piece Thin-Wall Impact Socket Set is designed for tire care on delicate car and light truck wheels with minimal clearance. The set comes with seven six-point sockets color coded by size and sheathed in a plastic sleeve. It is backed by a two-year limited lifetime warranty.
"These six new product offerings... solve problems that are important to tire service technicians, and help them boost customer satisfaction and shop profitability at the same time," says Rock Tyson, vice president of sales and marketing.
Ken-Tool products are available through leading tire industry supply distributors. For more information about Ken-Tool and its products, visit www.kentool.com.