Louisiana tire dealers elect Chet Simpson to two-year term as president
Chet Simpson of Simpson's Service Center in Baton Rouge, La., is the new president of the Louisiana Independent Tire Dealers Association (LITDA).
Simpson replaced Paul Bernstein of Delta World Tire Co. in New Orleans, who completed his two-year term.
LITDA members voted on a new slate of officers at its 2008 annual convention, held in Biloxi, Miss., over the weekend. In addition to Simpson, the following vice presidents were elected:
* Kip Vincent, Colt Inc., Scott, La., first vice president;
* Troy Matherne, CARQUEST Auto Parts, Baton Rouge, second vice president.
Three board members also were elected:
* Ray Mohler, Bumper to Bumpber Auto Parts, Monroe, La. (vendor member);
* Doug Robinson, Hesselbein Tire Co., Houma, La. (vendor member); and
* Eric Roundtree, Chabill's Tire Co., Morgan City, La. (dealer member).
Prior to the convention, the association's assets totaled $129.312.41. Treasurer Rick Lambert of Consolidated Tire & Oil in Saint Gabriel, La., said he expected the convention to be in the black as well.
Lambert, along with Emmett Woods, president of Duckworth Woods Tire Service in Metairie, La., were inducted into the LITDA Hall of Fame. Eighteen people have entered the hall since it was formed in 2000.