TIA on tour: Houston, Jacksonville, Memphis
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has announced training dates in Houston, Jacksonville and Memphis for the 2012 Certified Automotive Tire Service (ATS) Instructor Training Tour.
The latest Tour stops to be added are:
- Oct. 16-19, Houston, Texas - San Jacinto College - Central, 8060 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, Texas 77501
- Nov. 13-16, Jacksonville, Fla. - Florida State College Jacksonville, 101 State St West, Bldg B, Room B104 Jacksonville, Fla. 32202
- Dec. 11-14: Memphis, Tenn. - Southwest Tennessee Community College, 5983 Macon Cove Memphis, Tenn. 38134
Other upcoming training tour classes are:
- Sept. 25-28, Seattle, Wash. - Renton Technical College, 3000 NE 4th St., Renton, Wash. 98056
- Nov. 6-9,Kansas City, Kansas - Kansas City Kansas Community College, 6736 State Ave., Kansas City, Kansas 66102.
The tour is comprised of four days of classes at local community, junior and technical colleges in 28 cities across the United States.
TIA says it is receiving wonderful reviews from tire technicians who are taking it to the next level participating in the 2012 ATS classes.
The Certified ATS Instructor Program is a 4-day in-depth classroom and hands-on class that industry professionals must successfully complete in order to return to the dealership(s) to train technicians to prepare them for certification.
TIA has used the train-the-trainer approach to train and/or certify more than 70,000 technicians since 1997. Certified ATS includes safety guidelines and step-by-step procedures for all aspects of passenger and light truck tire service including wheel installation with the proper torque and tire repair.
It also includes a full day of instruction on tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), so technicians have a thorough understanding of the requirements for the most popular domestic and import vehicles.