Wolfson achieves four podiums on GT Radials
Drifter Tyler Wolfson is certainly glad he made the switch to GT Radial Champiro HPY tires, achieving four podium finishes in five races since he made the "smart move" to GT Radial.
"Since we have begun using the GT Radial Champiro HPY, we have seen an immediate and significant increase in our performance and results," the San Diego-based driver says. "Switching to GT Radial was definitely a smart move. As a driver, I am always searching for a competitive edge and I believe that is what we have found here with our new rubber. I have found that with most tires there is some degree of unpredictability which forces me to restrict my driving to 90 percent of what I think is possible at any moment. With the Champiro HPY, I don't hold back at all. Moving to GT Radial has given me the confidence and control to push 100 percent all the time!”
The ultra high performance Champiro HPY is available in V and Y speed ratings for 17- to 20-inch rims. It features an advanced asymmetrical tread pattern and full silica tread compound for outstanding cornering ability in wet and dry conditions.
Wolfson’s 2012 season year-to-date on GT Radial tires:
• Qualified 2nd place and finished 3rd place at Top Drift RD 2 at Horse Thief Mile.
• Qualified 1st place and finished 3rd place at Thunder Drift RD 1 at Vallejo Fairgrounds.
• Qualified 8th place and finished 2nd place at Formula Drift Evergreen Pro Am at Evergreen Speedway.
• Qualified 1st place and finished 5th place at Top Drift RD 3 at Walt James Stadium.
• Qualified 11th place and finished 3rd place at Thunder Drift RD 2 at Vallejo Fairgrounds
Wolfson plans to compete in three more drifting events this year, including Thunder Drift Round Three at Stockton Speedway in Stockton, CA, and Formula Drift Irwindale in Irwindale, CA. Fans are encouraged to come by the GT Radial booth at the Irwindale event to meet Wolfson, get a poster and possibly win some prizes!