TIA announces ITE workshop schedule
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has a full plate of workshops scheduled for the International Tire Expo (ITE).
The ITE workshops will be held Nov. 5-7 in conjunction with the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, Nev.
The seminar schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Nov. 5:
* "Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets," Don Olson, moderator. Some of the industry’s most successful tire dealers discuss how to generate more sales and increase your profits.
* "Improving Retail Tire Store Bottom Line Profits," Norman Gaither, Norman Gaither & Associates, moderator. Attendees will learn the best methods to improve your bottom-line profits by 5%. Some of the topics include strategies on how to avoid price wars with the competition, how to improve your profits with fewer sales, and how to adjust your payrolls to improve the bottom line.
* "Smart Retailing for the Tire and Automotive Store," Eddy Kay, Eddy Kay Group, moderator. This seminar outlines the "how to" of increasing store profits through professional retailing techniques.
* "The TREAD Act: A Government Update," Becky MacDicken, Roy Littlefield. This seminar will bring participants up to date on the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation (TREAD) Act, the legislation passed during the Ford/Firestone controversy, and other issues affecting the tire industry.
Wednesday, Nov. 6:
* "Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets," Don Olson, moderator. Day two of the two-day seminar, with a new set of dealers.
* "Tires of the Future: The Impact on Your Business," Bill Hopkins. Are you ready for the first decade of the 21st century? Do you think you’re prepared for the next evolution of tires? If you’re not, then this session will provide you with the information you need to know about trends, vehicle integration and sizes -- and, how they will impact your business in the next 10 years.
* "Retail Tire Advertising: A Common Sense Approach," Jim Pascover. A hard-headed approach to the often bewildering world of retail communications. This seminar will take you from the plans and budgets to media selection; the role of co-op; and the importance of follow through.
Thursday, Nov. 7:
* "Selling with Integrity -- How to be a True Professional," Beau Hamilton, The Hamilton Group. This "how to" program is designed for sales professionals who measure success by building a profitable business, solving clients needs, earning respect from their peers and competitors, and enjoying repeat and referral business from their customers.
* "The Tire Industry’s Insurance Market: What You Need to Know for Your Business," Jeff Fetters, Federated Insurance Group; Jerry McAndrews, Universal Underwriters. This seminar is designed to give you a better understanding of what is happening in the insurance market and what can be done about it.
The ITE/SEMA convention and trade show will be held Nov. 5-8.