Eurotire aggressively markets its OTR tires
Eurotire Inc. is aggressively marketing its bias-ply and radial OTR mining tires.The Miami, Fla.-based tire manufacturer recently introduced a smartphone app, and announced plans 1) for a training event and 2) to attend the upcoming MINExpo.
1. The complimentary smartphone app (pictured at left) is designed for iPhone and Android users. It brings a range of easily accessible tire data for large mining equipment -- no matter how remote their location.
“Our clients are frequently working at isolated mine sites around the globe,” says Sue Schaffnit, global marketing director. “Proper tire fit and inflation are critical for their safety, and the app eliminates the guesswork."
The Eurotire app features a variety of navigation options, such as a tire selector; the ability to select information based on vehicle manufacturer, make and model; and a "load check."
2. EuroDrive is an educational and team building training event held internationally for miners. This competitively spirited program focuses on driver training for large mining equipment -- specifically the factors affecting the life of a tire.
“An extension of the Eurotire customer service philosophy, EuroDrive was established to ensure correct training is conducted for drivers at mine sites around the world to achieve the full potential of their tires,” says Helen Ratnikova, coordinator of the Eurotire Training Center. “However, it’s more than that.
"We deliver the program in an entertaining way. The drivers establish teams to compete in obstacle courses to sharpen their driving skills and train on spillage avoidance, as well as create unity at the job site. In the process, they build knowledge in tire life management.”
The EuroDrive program was initially introduced in Kazakhstan and Ukraine, and has events scheduled for mines in Russia and India by year’s end. The judges and scorekeepers at these events are certified Eurotire personnel.
3. An interactive microsite has been launched in anticipation of the Sept. 24-26, 2012, MINExpo International Show in Las Vegas, Nev. With more than 1,800 exhibitors during the three-day event, Eurotire invites attendees to visit their microsite prior to the show to:
* get an early glimpse into company news, products and services;
* schedule a meeting with a Eurotire representative; and
* test their skills with the preliminary release of a new mining game.
The Eurotire booth at MINExpo will feature a multiple live video feed from the floor of the show. There also is a new Twitter feed (@eurotireminexpo) for trade show updates.
“MINExpo is our industry’s largest event, and it consistently delivers on the latest product innovations and service technology,” says Schaffnit.
"Our exhibit booth will feature several of our bias-ply and radial tires for large mining equipment. Our certified, Eurotire staff will be on-hand for consultations addressing productivity, operations and performance, and safety and environmental regulation solutions.”