8 for 8: Cooper's Serbian plant gets certified
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.'s tire manufacturing subsidiary in Kruševac, Serbia, has earned ISO 9001:2008 quality standard certification.
"We adhere to the highest standards of quality throughout our organization," says Hal Miller, president of Cooper's International Tire Division. "Earning ISO 9001:2008 at all eight of the tire manufacturing plants globally demonstrates our ongoing commitment to quality and continuous process improvement, which aligns with our strategic plan goals."
"Our team in Kruševac worked closely with the corporate quality team to earn this important certification just months after starting production in February," says Peter Salmon, Kruševac plant manager. "This marks another step in making Serbia a globally competitive manufacturing facility."
In addition to the Serbian plant, the following Cooper facilities have earned ISO 9001:2008 certification:
* Findlay, Ohio, tire plant, technical center and Tall Timbers Mold Operations facility;
* Guadalajara, Mexico, joint venture tire plant;
* Kunshan, China, tire plant;
* Melksham, England, tire plant and technical center;
* Texarkana, Ark., tire plant;
* Tupelo, Miss., tire plant;
* Shanghai, China, technical center; and
* Rongcheng, China, joint venture tire manufacturing facility, which has met additional quality standards for TS 16949 certification.
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is the world's largest developer and publisher of International Standards. ISO 9001:2008 is the latest edition of the international standard used by organizations in 175 countries as the framework for their quality management systems.
The standard has become the global benchmark for providing assurance about the ability to satisfy quality requirements and to enhance customer satisfaction in supplier-customer relationships.