Purcell Tire: changes for the better
Purcell Tire & Rubber Co., one of the largest independent commercial and retail tire dealerships in the country, is going through a reorganization. The company recently announced eight staffing changes and additions.
Becky Mumma recently joined the company as chief financial officer. Her career path has included stops at a top-tier public accounting firm, Motorola Inc., Isle of Capri Casinos and Invaluable Solutions LLC.
Her diverse experience includes internal auditing, financial reporting, corporate accounting, mergers and acquisitions, international finance, treasury risk management and manufacturing.
The other changes are as follows.
* Kelly Conroy, region manager, east commercial region/key account executive. Conroy is charged with “increasing profitability and strategic account acquisition,” according to the company. Before coming to Purcell, Kelly spent 18 years as an employee of Bandag Inc., where his jobs included sales development manager, regional fleet manager and strategic account manager.
* Cody Spencer, vice-president, Global Mining Division. Formerly a mining division account manager stationed in Fairbanks, Alaska, for six ears, Spencer recently relocated to Tucson, Ariz., to cover the southwest United States, Mexico and all other global mining operations for Purcell Tire’s Global Mining Division.
* Reece Shelton, account manager, Global Mining Division. Originally hired by Purcell Tire as a commercial salesperson in Reno, Nev., in 2008, Shelton moved to Fairbanks, Alaska, in 2010 to develop new business in the region. He recently was promoted to account manager over the Alaska region in charge of all Alaska mine accounts.
* Marc Boley, region manager, west retail region. Boley began as an assistant manager in the tire and automotive industry in 1974. After holding several “progressive” roles with the former Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., he came to Purcell Tire as a store manager in 2009. Boley ran a very successful automotive retail store for Purcell Tire in Phoenix, Ariz., for three years until his recent promotion to region manager, where he will be in charge of nearly 20 retail stores.
* Sam Ungricht, senior vice president, national sales and global mining. Ungricht began his career at Purcell Tire as a commercial salesperson 31 years ago, after six years of experience in the tire industry. He has held many progressive positions with the company, including sales manager, commercial store manager, region manager and senior vice president. Ungricht is responsible for the operation of the company’s Retail, Wholesale, Commercial and Global Mining Group divisions.
* Gene Williams, vice president, OTR retread sales. Williams has more than 26 years of experience in the tire industry, the last 21 years as an OTR salesperson for Purcell Tire. With his promotion, Williams is responsible for the performance of Purcell Tire’s field sales engineers.
* Matt Johnson, vice president, Global Mining Group. Johnson has been employed in the tire business for nearly 19 years. During that time, he has done everything from changing and repairing retail and commercial tires and running a service truck to commercial/OTR sales and store, district, and region management. His responsibilities include maintaining current mine accounts, increasing mining business and increasing the global footprint of the Global Mining Group.
Purcell Tire is 12th on the Modern Tire Dealer 100 list, and the fourth largest retreader in the U.S.