Continental Tire Canada raises truck tire prices
Continental Tire Canada is announcing a price increase on all Continental, General and Ameri*Steel Brand truck tires of up to 9%. This increase is effective April 1, 2012, and affects all replacement sales channels.
This increase is in response to the continued escalation of the raw material and energy costs associated with the production of radial truck tires, says Deborah de Reede, commercial sales manager - Canada.
Continental is the latest tire manufacturer or marketer to implement or announce a price increase in 2012.
* Toyo Tire Canada Inc. will increase prices on the Toyo winter passenger and winter light truck tires up to 3.5% effective April 1st, 2012.
*Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will raise prices on all its consumer tire brands effective April 1, 2012. Prices in the United States and Canada will be raised up to 6%.
* Yokohama Tire Corp. increased prices by up to 8% on all of its consumer tires sold in the U.S. on March 1.
* Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. increased prices on passenger, light truck and commercial truck tires to a weighted average of 6% on Jan. 1.
* Falken Tire Corp. raised prices on Falken and Ohtsu brand passenger and light truck tires up to 5% -- with some inline adjustments -- on Jan. 1.
* China Manufacturers Alliance LLC (CMA) will raise prices on Double Coin radial truck and OTR tires effective April 1. The increases will be up to 5%, with some in-line changes.
* Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will increase commercial tire prices in the U.S. up to 6% on April 1, 2012.
* Continental Tire the Americas LLC (CTA) raised prices on all Continental, General and Ameri*Steel brand commercial truck tires up to 9% on Feb. 15. The increase affected all replacement sales channels in the U.S.
* Yokohama implemented a price increase of up to 8% on all of its commercial truck tires in the U.S., effective Feb. 1. The company also raised prices on its OTR tires up to 15% effective Jan. 1.
* Bridgestone Americas Commercial Solutions (BACS), a business unit of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC, also raised prices on its OTR tires effective Jan. 1. The 15% price increase applied to Bridgestone, Firestone and Continuum off-road tire products and Continuum pre-cure tread rubber and related retreading materials.
* Bridgestone Americas raised prices effective Jan. 1. The 10% price increase applied to Bridgestone, Firestone and Continuum off-road tire products and Continuum pre-cure tread rubber and related retreading materials.