Tire and Rim Association gets Consolacion prize
Rudy Consolacion recently joined the Tire and Rim Association (TRA) as engineering manager.
In this position, Consolacion has responsibility for the following key duties:
* coordinating TRA meetings;
* administering ISO tire, rim and valve activities;
* developing United States positions on ISO ballots and proposals;
* creating and maintaining TRA engineering programs; and
* coordinating industry standards with other related organizations and stakeholders.
“Rudy is a great addition to our organization,” says Joe Pacuit, executive vice president. "He has extensive engineering experience in the industry, is well-connected in the tire world and is passionate about our business.”
Consolacion spent 13 years with Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc., where he developed high-performance product lines for the original equipment and replacement markets. He also managed Kumho’s motorsports programs, helping the company win numerous titles in SCCA and off-road racing, and class wins at the 24 Hours of LeMans and 12 Hours of Sebring.
Prior to joining Kumho, Consolacion had nine years of experience as a passenger tire engineer for the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.