Continental Expands General Brand OTR Tire Line
Continental Tire the Americas LLC has expanded its line of General brand OTR tires with 15 new items for graders, skid steer loaders and backhoes.
"These new, application-specific tires are designed to provide a long life and high performance in rough operating environments," say Continental officials.
The expansion into light construction applications "complements the existing General Tire earthmoving line with tires suitable for articulated dump trucks rigid dump trucks and scrapers. The comprehensive range is built for customers looking for durability and great value, combined with the reputation of a well-known and trusted brand."
New tires, all available in the U.S. and Canada, include:
- General TE11 and TE11 A, which Continental calls "a rugged tire designed for grading and loading operations;"
- General Skid Steer SD, multi-purpose design for standard to light duty skid steer operations;
- General Skid Steer HD, a heavy-duty tire with a deep, staggered tread bar design for excellent traction and grip'
- General Skid Steer XHD, which boasts "multiple, arrow-shaped tread lugs and superior traction" and "is ideal for extra heavy-duty applications and varying surface conditions;"
- General Backhoe HD, a backhoe rear tire suitable for varying surface conditions, and;
- General Backhoe XHD, a heavy-duty backhoe front tire, "built for challenging construction tasks."
Click here to read more about Continental's plans for its General OTR tire line.