TIA Publishes OTR Tire Conference Education Schedule
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has scheduled 12 general education sessions and two break-out sessions for its 2022 Off-the-Road (OTR) Tire Conference, which will take place Feb. 23-26, 2022, at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa in Miramar Beach, Fla.
Education sessions will focus on training, industry information, professional development and government affairs and will include a new "Women in the Industry" Panel. In addition, Paralympian Jeff Glasbrenner will deliver a motivational speech.
The educational sessions will focus on training Jeff Glasbrenner will deliver a motivational speech.
“After having been cancelled in 2021 due to the coronavirus, the 2022 OTR Tire Conference is coming back stronger than ever,” says TIA CEO Dick Gust.
“We are looking forward to bringing the global OTR tire community together for three days of learning, networking, making new friends, conducting business and having some fun.”
The full schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, Feb. 23
- "Legislative Update," presented by Roy Littlefield IV, TIA director of government affairs;
- "Managing the Future of OTR End-of-Life Tires,” presented by John Sheerin, director, end-of-life tire program, U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association; Leigh-Ann Stewart, director of health and safety, Kal Tire; and Debra Hamlin, director of commercial business, environmental, health, safety and sustainability, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations;
- “Jacking and Cribbing,” presented by Jeff Faubion, TIA compliance specialist, Bridgestone Americas Inc.; Roy Galyer, training manager, Klinge Holdings Pty. Ltd.; and Matt White, TIA director of tire service;
- Virtual OTR Tech Panel, presented by Mark Shimko, safety trainer, McCarthy Tire Service Co. Inc., and Faubion, Galyer and White.
Thursday, Feb. 24
- "U.S. Economic Forecast," presented by Kevin Rohlwing, TIA senior vice president of training;
- "Canadian Economic Forecast," presented by Rohlwing on behalf of the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada;
- Tire repair panel, presented by Robbie Bushnell, vice president of tire repair products, 31 Inc.; Brian Laughlin, key account manager, Tech International; and Jeff Young, vice president OTR and retread products, Rema Tip Top North America;
- Women in the Industry panel (panelists to be announced later).
Friday, Feb. 25
- “10 Big Tech Trends Affecting Businesses This Year And Beyond,” presented by Gene Marks, CPA, Marks Group PC;
- “Attracting, Developing & Retaining Top Tire Industry Talent,” presented by Mike Cioffi, founder, Tire Talent;
- “Essential Leadership for Crucial Moments,” presented by Mike Acker, communication coach, ADVANCE, Coaching and Consulting L.L.C.; and
- Motivational Speaker: “Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Goals,” presented by Jeff Glasbrenner.
- “The Present Future of Robotics in Today’s Retread Production Plants,” presented by Daniel Zeledon, president, Tesco-Italmatic L.L.C.;
- “Advancing OTR Recycling, New Markets and Sustainability Solutions,” presented by Genti Bardhi, head of business development & government affairs – North America, Salvadori.
To download a conference registration form and receive more information, visit https://www.tireindustry.org/2022-otr-tire-conference. For additional questions, contact LaKisha Pindell at email@example.com.
Conference registration is required prior to reserving a room, with no exceptions. A special reservation link will be provided once registration is received and payment is processed.