Seven tire dealerships become Mighty franchisees
Mighty Distributing System of America recently granted franchise rights to seven independent tire dealerships in the United States. An eighth dealership is close to signing a similar contract.
Mighty granted territory rights to the following dealers:
* Adirondack Tire of Albany, N.Y., for the Albany-Schenectady area;
* Colony Tire of Edenton, N.C., for Raleigh-Durham;
* an affiliate of Tire Wholesalers Inc. of Troy, Mich., for the Detroit metro market;
* Thomas Tire of Asheboro, N.C., for the central portion of the state including, Greensboro;
* CSB Partnership’s 20 Big O Tire stores in Southern California for Los Angeles and Orange County;
* Clark Tire & Auto of Hickory, N.C., for Charlotte;
* Delta World Tire of New Orleans, La., for New Orleans; and
a contract is pending with The Tire Guys Inc., d.b.a. Tire-Rama Inc., of Billings, Mont., for the rights to that state’s vast central area.
"Each of these high profile tire companies has integrated a Mighty business unit to manage their internal demands for automotive service parts, and to generate new revenues and profits through the distribution of Mighty products to non-affiliated customers within their territories," says Barry Teagle, the head of Mighty’s franchise initiatives. "We call it ´vertical integration.´"
To date, Mighty´s franchise system includes contractual relationships with 25 tire businesses from coast to coast.
Mighty distributes automotive replacement parts and chemicals directly and exclusively to professional automotive techs and installers through 125 franchisees operating in 44 states.