FATA elects new officers, board members
The Florida Automotive Trades Association (FATA) elected Shawn Long of Tampa, Fla.-based Long Tire Centers its president at the group´s annual convention last week.
Other newly elected officers include:
* Bob Lanpher, McGee Tire Stores, Lakeland, Fla. (president elect);
* John Tidwell, Gatto´s Tire & Auto, Melbourne, Fla. (vice president);
* Dave Zwalina, Automotive One, Longwood, Fla. (vice president);
* Susan Deegan, Engine Lab of Tampa (secretary);
* Steve Ayers, Ayers Tire & Service, Daytona Beach (treasurer).
FATA also elected new board members at the event. They include Doug Bolt, Florida Tire, Orlando; Eddie DiMeglio, Eddie´s Collision Experts, Davie; Rudy Napier, Archer Road Auto Repair, Gainesville; Rick Smith, Smitty´s Garage, Seminole; Mark Stalder, Central Auto Parts, Longwood; Rick Erickson, Sun Tire, Jacksonville; Dave Reed, Reed Car Care, Gulfport; Gary Keyes, E&M Motors, Stuart; Jill McKay, Dolphin Tire, West Palm Beach; Helen Hofmann, The Car Spa, Orlando; Dean Rascoe, ASA Tire Systems, Nashua, N.H.; and Orestes Triana Jr., Green´s Garage/Town Auto Service, Miami.
Some 500 people attended the three-day convention, which included a trade show with 36 exhibitors and presentations by Tire Industry Association President Larry Morgan and John Peer of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., among others.
FATA "represents all sectors of the Florida automotive service and replacement tire market," according to FATA officials.