FATA to offer training on OBDII systems
The Florida Automotive Trades Association (FATA), representing the Automotive Service Association of Florida and the Florida Independent Tire Dealers and Retreaders Association, and PWR Training are partnering to offer training for technicians throughout Florida.
The program, "Real World OBDII Training --Mastering the Beast," will "explore the dangerous assumptions and reveal the hidden truths about OBDII and late-model on-board diagnostic systems," FATA officials say.
Some of the subjects covered will be:
* The structure and intent of OBDII.
* What failures fool the OBDII systems.
* How A/F Ratio and LAF sensors systems operate.
* Why flash reprogramming is important.
* Where to get tools and information related to OBDII.
* How to get help when facing the worst OBDII issues.
Tentative dates and locations are as follows:
* January 28-29, Pensacola, Fla., Riley’s Auto Parts
* February 2-3, Tallahassee, Fla., Lively Technical Center
* February 4-5, Tampa, Fla., Amerisuites/Sabal Park
* February 7, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Amerisuites/17th Street
* February 9-10, Orlando, Fla., Amerisuites/Universal
* February 11-12, Jacksonville, Fla., Amerisuites/Baymeadows
All classes are two nights from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. except the February 7 Ft. Lauderdale class, which will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The cost is $225 per technician and includes food, beverages and a 120-page handout.
For more information, contact Jill Mondo at FATA at (800) 434-8372 or visit the PWR Training website: www.pwrtraining.com or call Bob Pattengale at PWR Training at (520) 240-6292.