Goodyear, CLC fit together like a hand in glove
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Custom LeatherCraft Manufacturing Co. Inc., through its CLC Pit Crew division, have entered into a licensing agreement to design and market Goodyear Gloves for the automotive aftermarket.
"We're excited about the opportunity to market high-quality gloves branded with one of the most recognized names in the automotive industry, Goodyear," says Dennis Helmstetter, CLC's vice president of sales, automotive.
The Goodyear Glove line features the following:
* "shure-grip" palms and fingers for padding and added durability;
* synthetic leather and stretch spandex designed to be durable, comfortable, breathable and washable;
* double-stitching at key stress points for long wear;
* soft rubber protective knuckle pads;
* Lycra binding for a secure fit; and
* wing-closing Velcro wrist straps to keep out unwanted debris with perfect fit and easy adjustment.
Select gloves styles have distinctive gel-rubber fingertips and designs for improved grip and durability.
CLC Pit Crew will launch the Goodyear Glove line with five styles in January 2006. Retail prices will range from $10 to $25 per pair.
Point-of-purchase displays featuring Goodyear's well-known logo and high-visibility colors will help market the gloves.