TIA accepting nominations for Hall of Fame
The Tire Industry Associaiton (TIA) will be accepting nominations for its Hall of Fame award until July 1, 2005.
TIA's Hall of Fame award is set up to honor, preserve and perpetuate the names and outstanding accomplishments of those who have either contributed greatly to the growth and/or development of the tire industry or have demonstrated high standards, ideals and leadership in the management of their businesses and in the tire community, says the association.
The award is open to all individuals in the tire industry including manufacturers, inventors, publishers, equipment suppliers, tire dealers, retreaders, and tire and rubber recyclers.
Inductees are chosen based on the following criteria:
* the part they played in shaping the way business is conducted in the tire industry;
* significant contribution they made to the welfare of the industry;
* activity in volunteer service at a national or local level;
* significant contributions in civic, cultural, educational or charitable endeavors;
* the positive difference they made in the lives of fellow tire industry professionals;
* and if they are considered leaders by their peers in the tire industry.
To obtain a nomination form, call TIA at (301) 430-7280 or log onto TIA's Web site at www.tireindustry.org. Inductions will take place during the Breakfast with the President on Nov. 1, 2005, at the Performance Tires and Wheels/SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nev.