Michelin launches new version of XRV tire
Michelin North America Inc. is launching a new version of its XRV tire for RV owners wanting to carry more on their trips while improving handling and durability.
The new tire, size 305/70R22.5 Load Range L, is aimed specifically at addressing the number one issue among RV owners -- load capacity, said Michael Burroughes, product portfolio manager for Michelin America Truck Tires.
"Often overloaded, tires continue to be one of the most significant maintenance and safety issues on RVs today. The new XRV tire provides RV owners with additional flexibility to customize their RV or simply take along additional supplies on their trip."
The new Michelin XRV tire provides the following benefits:
* Optimum traction on wet and slippery surfaces from full-depth siping and wide "see through" grooves that maximize water drainage on rainy roads.
* The new low profile size offers increased carrying capacity versus a 27570R22.5 LRJ tire with minimal increase in overall diameter (+1 inch).
* A smaller overall diameter (-2.3 inches) with same carrying capacity as the larger 295/80R22.5 LRH.
* Its stable "cool-running" tread generates reduced squirm and lower heat for improved handling and durability.
* A very quiet ride from "tuned" variable pitch tread elements.
* Large sidewall characters that make load/pressure information easier to read, facilitating proper use and maintenance.
* Anti-ozone protection built into the tire's sidewall that helps provide improved weather resistance equaling longer life.
In addition to the new 305/70R22.5 size, the XRV is also available in 225/70R19.5, 245/70R19.5, 255/80R22.5 and 235/80R22.5, representing the majority of the sizes used on today RV marketplace, Michelin says. The XRV tire is produced at the company's manufacturing facility in Spartanburg, S.C.