Special F/X: Federal adds to Couragia tire line
Federal Corp. has unveiled an innovative new tire line into its Couragia Adventure series: the Couragia F/X.
The new tire, the latest addtion to the Couragia SUV range, is designed to deliver steering precision, powerful controllability, and "uniquely" long mileage for a comfortable ride, according to the company. It features the following:
* an asymmetrical tread pattern;
* short wet and dry braking distances;
* precise handling, and high cornering responsiveness (which were specifically tailored to meet the requirements of high performance LSUV vehicles such as the Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5 and X6, Lexus RX 450h, Cadillac SRX, Mercedes Benz ML, Audi Q7, and Range Rover Sport);
* extreme stability under high speed;
* grip for dry and wet road conditions (partially thanks to stiff, interconnected blocks); and
* a smooth, quiet ride.
The Couragia F/X also sports a wide and stable footprint, and a scuff rib that enhances toughness of the sidewall against external stresses to protect the rim from damage.
With the goal of maximizing the versatility of the Couragia F/X’s performance, Federal engineers focused their attention on the tread compound, which is "a mixture of ultra-grip, high styrene rubber (SBR), super-rigid, nanotechnology carbon black, and new high distribution silica." The result is a tire with good mileage and a high level of wet traction.
The Couragia F/X is available in the United States and Europe in numerous popular V-, W- and Y-rated sizes ranging from 17 to 20 inches in diameter.