'Good stuff' -- Michelin receives ATA award
Michelin North America Inc.’s truck tire division was honored recently by the American Trucking Associations (ATA) with the 2010 Mike Russell “Good stuff” Trucking Image Award.
The award, which recognizes those companies that "creatively generate positive awareness of the trucking industry," was presented to Michelin Americas Truck Tires (MATT) officials at the annual ATA Management Conference and Exhibition last week in Phoenix, Ariz. Michelin was the "industry supplier" winner.
"Michelin's efforts in enhancing and promoting the positive image of the trucking industry are significant," says ATA CEO and president.
Involvement, leadership and product development
Michelin's efforts to enhance the reputation of the trucking industry center on the following:
* ATA Share the Road program,
* Official Tire of Yellowstone National Park Foundation,
* North American Council for Freight Efficiency leadership,
* Tire Retread and Information Bureau leadership
* ATA Technology and Maintenance Council leadership
* XZA3 Antisplash steer tire, and
* X One wide-base single drive and trailer tires.
The more than 100 award submissions were evaluated by an impartial panel of judges based on creativity, execution and reach/impact. The award is named in honor of the late Mike Russell, a trucking industry supporter and media official who helped develop the “Good stuff. Trucks Bring It.” campaign as vice president of public affairs for the American Trucking Associations.