Growing list: API raises truck tire prices
American Pacific Industries Inc. (API) will raise prices on Gladiator medium truck tires up to 6% effective June 15, 2010. Only tires in North America will be affected.
"The continued escalation of raw material costs plus significant increases in the cost of ocean freight are the reasons for this increase," says Barry Littrell, COO of API.
API, based in Valencia, Calif., holds the distribution rights to Gladiator brand medium truck tires.
Five other tire manufacturers will raise commercial tire prices on June 1, 2010.
* Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC will raise prices on its Firestone and Dayton brand truck and bus tires up to 6%.
* Continental Tire the Americas LLC will hike its medium truck tire prices up to 7%.
* Falken Tire Corp. will raise medium truck tire prices up to 4%.
* Hankook Tire America Corp. will hike its medium truck tire prices up to 6%.
* Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. will raise its commercial truck and OTR tire prices up to 8%.
On May 1, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. raised its medium truck tire prices in North America up to 8%, while Michelin North America Inc. raised prices on its U.S. replacement truck tires between 3% and 7%.