NAPA offers online purchasing for professionals
The National Automotive Parts Association (NAPA) Web site has a feature that allows dealers to buy parts online. NAPAOnline can be found at www.napaonline.com.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about this feature., courtesy of NAPA.
Q. How do I have parts shipped to me and shop online?
A. You can have parts shipped to you by clicking on the "Shop Online Now" link when prompted to enter in your zip code or the "Ship to Me" button on the home page. Select parts and accessories and add them to your shopping cart. NAPA will ship your order to you via UPS.
Q. How safe is shopping at NAPAOnline?
A. Shopping at NAPAOnline is very safe. Here's why.
* NAPAOnline takes advantage of Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to encrypt all transactions that require personal information. All user data -- including names, credit card numbers and addresses -- are scrambled over the internet.
* NAPAOnline uses "security questions" for identification and protection.
* The log out process is designed to protect customers using public computers.
* Customers are notified with pop-up messages when the information submitted will be sent via SSL. (Check the security of your Internet session by looking at the bottom of your browser; if a "locked" padlock icon appears, you are on a secure page; if the padlock icon is "unlocked," you are not on a secure page.)
* NAPAOnline offers a "Log Out" feature, which you can find on the left column of every page. Logging out ensures that other users can't access your order or account information. Closing all your browser windows also logs you out.
Q. What are the hours for customer support?
A. Customers can shop online at NAPA anytime. Customer support is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Contact customer support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Is there a registration fee with NAPAOnline?
A. There's no charge to create an account with NAPAOnline. It's completely secure and takes just a few moments.
Q. Why should I create a NAPA account?
A.. All your searches for parts and accessories will be tailored to you and the vehicle(s) you are servicing, and you won't have to re-enter the billing or shipping information each time you visit NAPAOnline. In addition, you’ll have complete access to your order history, and you’ll be able to personalize your account and indicate your communication preferences.
Q. Why does NAPAOnline charge sales tax?
A. Since NAPA already conducts business in all 50 states, it is required to charge sales tax for all purchases.
NAPAOnline also has other services that cater to professionals. NAPA TRACS, for example, provides "powerful estimating, technical information and shop management software solutions" designed to help dealers manage and grow their businesses, according to the company.
For more information, visit NAPAProlink.