Love's opens first CNG stop in Ohio
Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores opened its first compressed natural gas (CNG) location in Ohio. The facility in Burbank, Ohio is the company's 10th CNG location in the U.S.
Motorists and fleets in Burbank, Ohio, now have the option of filling their tanks for $1.99 per gallon for CNG. Leaders from Love’s Travel Stops celebrated the addition of one of the area’s newest CNG facilities last week.
“Our CNG network is rapidly expanding as the demand for this lower-cost fueling alternative increases in Ohio and across the nation,” said Bill Cashmareck, general manager of natural gas at Love’s. “Burbank is an ideal location for us to introduce CNG in Ohio because a high volume of professional drivers and motorists can take advantage of the cost savings.”
Ohio state Sen. Troy Balderson attended the ribbon cutting for the new CNG facility. He and state Rep. Sean O’Brien have introduced a bill that would create financial incentives for those who purchase or convert to alternative fuel vehicles. O’Brien said the opening of additional CNG facilities supports the message of the bill.
“I am beyond excited that Love’s is opening a new compressed natural gas fueling station at their travel stop in the Lodi-Burbank area,” said O’Brien. “This investment will help to make our state a leader in natural gas development. It is my hope that investments such as this, coupled with the passage of House Bill 336, will help all of Ohio to become a national leader in the use of alternative fuels for transportation.”
Illinois-based Dillon Transport will be the anchor customer at the Burbank location. The transport company operates more than 400 trucks and 700 trailers nationwide. The opening of the new station has allowed them to designate 20 CNG trucks to the Burbank area.
CNG is available for $1.99 at a total of 10 Love’s locations, as well as a variety of other items and services Love’s is known for, including quick-service restaurants, showers, name-brand snacks and more. With locations close to interstates and highways, drivers have access to CNG that offers a fill rate of greater than 10 gallons per minute, meaning a driver can fill a 100-gallon equivalent tank in 10 minutes or less. Drivers have the benefit of earning points on their My Love Rewards cards when purchasing CNG, the company said.
Fast-fill locations now open:
* Oklahoma City, Okla. – I-40, Exit 140
* Willis, Texas – I-45, Exit 95
* Houston, Texas – 610 Loop, Exit 24A
* Dallas, Texas - I-35/I-20, Exit 466
* Ft. Worth, Texas - I-35 W, Exit 40
* Katy, Texas – I-10, Exit 737
* Oklahoma City, Okla. – I-40, Exit 166
* Rockwall, Texas - I-30, Exit 283
* San Antonio, Texas – I-35, Exit 144
* Burbank, Ohio – I-71, Exit 204
Fast-fill locations coming soon:
* Seguin, Texas – I-10, Exit 604
* Amarillo, Texas - I-40, Exit 74
* Williams, Ariz. – I-40, Exit 163
* Albuquerque, N.M. – I-40, Exit 158
* Ardmore, Okla. – I-35, Exit 32
* Webbers Falls, Okla. – I-40, Exit 287
* West Memphis, Ark. – I-40, Exit 280
* Thomson, Ga. – I-20, Exit 172
To learn more, go to www.loves.com.