NETSA awards $32,000 in scholarships
The New England Tire and Service Association (NETSA) has distributed $32,000 in funds to 16 recipients of $2,000 scholarships for 2014.
To be eligible for a NETSA scholarship, applicants must be employees of NETSA members or the employees’ dependents and must submit a completed NETSA scholarship application to the NETSA scholarship committee by April 30.
NETSA scholarship winners are selected by either the individual scholarship co-sponsor or the scholarship committee who review the applications of all candidates. Each winner receives $2,000 toward their college or post graduate technical school’s tuition.
Each scholarship sponsor contributes $1,000, and NETSA matches the sponsor’s money with an additional $1,000 for a total of $2,000. The matching funds are raised at NETSA’s annual golf outing, and the annual scholarship auction held at the NETSA tradeshow in April. NETSA strives to expand the number of scholarships awarded every year.
Co-sponsors of the 2014 scholarship funds are listed below.
* Sullivan Tire Co. Inc. (2 scholarships);
* Mohawk Rubber Sales of NE;
* Safehold Special Risk (2 scholarships);
* Melvin’s Tire Pros and Auto Service Centers;
* Pete’s Tire Barns Inc. (2 scholarships);
* Tom Lyons Tire & Auto Center;
* Nokian Tyre plc;
* Myers Tire Supply Distribution Inc.;
* Town Fair Tire Centers Inc.;
* American Tire Distributors/Terry's Tire (2 scholarships);
* Maynard & Lesieur Inc.; and
* Max Finklestein Inc.
NETSA has over 500 members and represents the tire and service industry throughout New England. For more information, visit http://www.netsa.org/.