Hercules introduces Avalanche R G2 winter tire
The new Hercules Avalanche R G2 winter tire is available in 38 SKUs. The premium, studless tire is designed "to deliver versatile reliability in severe and unpredictable winter conditions," according to Hercules Tires.
The Avalanche R G2 features the company's exclusive AWC2 compound. Silica and clean oils provide superior lateral and linear grip at low temperatures and maintain outstanding performance in all temperatures and weather conditions -- wet or dry, ice or snow.
“The high quality construction of the Avalanche R G2 is very sophisticated," says Joshua Simpson, vice president of marketing. "Both the design and the compound can accommodate any weather condition, so the tire is especially effective in areas that have highly variable winter weather. Versatility and value are the cornerstone of the Avalanche R G2."
Other features include the following:
* EcoFT technology; the tire has "very low rolling resistance and is manufactured using purified oils for cleaner, non-harmful use.
* "vacuum" siping on the shoulders, which draws in water to facilitate direct contact with the road surface; the siping releases the water as the tread block rolls upward.
* advanced siping, which uses the interaction of wide and narrow sipes to maintain a firm grip on quickly changing winter surface conditions.
* tread blocks with jagged edges designed to aid in deceleration and create bite for efficient braking on slippery surfaces.
* precise tread block geometry and an overall structural design; they create responsive steering and confident handling.
Sizes for the Hercules Avalanche R G2 range from 14 to 18 inches (SUV sizes are constructed with extra-durable, cut-resistant sidewalls). All SKUs are R-rated.
"Our offering covers a broad range of fitments, including commercial and light truck; has studless and studdable options; and provides road hazard protection -- all at a value that is unmatched in the industry," adds Simpson.
Hercules Tires is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors Inc. For more information on Hercules tires, visit www.herculestire.com.