Ziegler Tire holds ribbon cutting ceremony
Ziegler Tire & Supply Co. based in Massillon, Ohio, held a grand opening for its newest outlet with a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by local politicians, business leaders, supplier representatives and new and long-time customers. The store was built in North Canton, Ohio, and replaces an older Ziegler Tire outlet that was in the same vicinity.
With 24 outlets, Ziegler Tire is 47th on the Modern Tire Dealer 100 list of top independent tire dealers in the U.S. Its president, Bill Ziegler, was MTD’s Tire Dealer of the Year in 2009 (see the article here.)
Three generations of Zieglers welcomed the crowd. The founding fathers – Oliver Ziegler, Harold Ziegler Sr., Herb Ziegler and Norm Ziegler – are gone, but their legacy lives on through their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren who work at the dealership today.
The company was started in 1919 when Oliver Ziegler began selling tires, replacing batteries and performing other mechanical services. Today Ziegler Tire sells consumer and commercial tires and offers auto service. The new North Canton location has 10 drive-through bays which can accommodate both cars and trucks.