Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has expanded its Ironman I-Series lineup of truck tires for the Canadian market.
The company says the I-302 and I-933 tires specifically address priorities in Canada: severe service and winter driving applications.
“The Canadian market has very specific needs due to harsh winters and the industries prospering in the country," says Jedd Emans, vice president of marketing for Hercules. "Our dealers asked for quality tires positioned at an entry-level pricepoint and Ironman was a natural answer to address their needs.” The Ironman I-302 Deep Drive tire is designed for demanding applications such as logging and mining where on- and off-road environments require maximum durability and traction.
The I-302 tire also features:
- large tread blocks and 32/32nd tread depth for performance and durability; and
- strong casing and a specially formulated compound that resists cuts and chips.
The I-302 is available in sizes 11R22.5/16 148/145J and 11R24.5/16 149/146J.
The I-933 Winter Drive tire features an open shoulder design that evacuates precipitation without sacrificing traction or performance. The Ironman I-933 carries a three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) designation and also offers:
- biting edges for traction on slippery road surfaces;
- liberal siping to enhance grip in both wet and dry conditions; and
- a specially formulated compound that balances tread life and good mileage.
The I-933 is available in sizes 11R22.5/16 148/145L and 11R24.5/16 149/146L.
The I-302 and I-933 are available in Canada exclusively through National Tire Distributors (NTD). Complete specifications can be found at www.herculestirecommercial.com.
Hercules is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors Inc.