The newest member of the Goodyear Eagle family, the Eagle Sport All-Season, was introduced to attendees at the 2013 Goodyear Dealer Conference in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 28.
The new Eagle mid-tier tire will be available in June at Goodyear retail outlets. By the end of the year, it will be available in 47 sizes.
“This tire applies innovative technology from our labs and design studios to continue the Goodyear Eagle high-performance leadership that for years has helped drivers own the road,” said Tara Foote, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. brand marketing manager.
Designed for responsiveness, all-season traction, outstanding wet and dry handling and a quiet ride, the Eagle Sport All-Season features the following:
* an asymmetric tread pattern, which includes angled tread block edges.
* the ability to maintain a large tread surface area, even at light loads.
* enhanced grip in ice and snow, thanks to an innovative tread compound.
* numerous full-depth tread sipes.
* enhanced wheel protection against accidental curb damage from its rim protector.
Goodyear backs the new tire with a 50,000-mile limited tread life warranty.
Scott Rogers, Goodyear's chief marketing officer, told dealers the tire is "OE tunable." He added that the company has already begun working with three different original equipment manufacturers for possible OE fitments.
For more on the Goodyear dealer conference, check out these links: