Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. was the first tire manufacturer to sell tires online. Now it has taken the next step toward creating a seamless transaction.
Roll by Goodyear is setting up showrooms and multiple installation options for consumers in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area who buy Goodyear tires on www.rollbygoodyear.com.
"Roll by Goodyear makes buying tires easier," says Fred Thomas, vice president and general manager of the Goodyear Retail. "Guests can choose when, where and how to install their tires, and they are in complete control of the process from start to finish. Goodyear is eliminating the waiting room and giving people time back in their day to do the things they really want to do."
Here’s how it works:
1. Guests start their shopping online at RollByGoodyear.com or in a showroom. Roll by Goodyear showrooms are located "in vibrant lifestyle centers where people live, work and play."
2. Once tires are purchased either online or in-store, guests can pick from a handful of installation options. They can drop off their keys at a showroom and enjoy the nearby amenities or Roll by Goodyear will provide valet service that will pick up guests' vehicles from a location of their choice and bring it to back to wherever they are. People can also schedule a mobile installation van that will come to where they are and install their tires.
3. The entire installation will be accompanied by real-time email or text status updates so no time is spent wondering when your vehicle will be ready.
While Roll by Goodyear will look, feel and transact differently from Goodyear’s traditional company-owned stores, they are backed by the 120-year history of innovation, quality and superior performance of Goodyear.
The Washington, D.C., metro area is the first market where Roll by Goodyear showrooms and the multiple installation options will be available. To date Goodyear has rolled out four in the following locations:
* Shoppes of Bethesda, 4919 Elm St., Bethesda, Md.
* Downtown Crown, 321 Ellington Blvd., Gaithersburg, Md.
* Shoppes at Town Center, 19877 Century Blvd., Germantown, Md.
* Pike Center, 12103 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Md.
Goodyear conducted significant pre-market testing for Roll by Goodyear, and the results were "extremely favorable across all demographics, particularly with millennials," says the company.