Earlier this year, Frost & Sullivan Inc. singled out Hunter Engineering Co. for high praise. The business research and consulting firm presented Hunter with its 2011 North American Technology Innovation Award.
Hunter won the prestigious "best practices" award in the "Automotive Tool and Equipment" category for its HawkEye Elite alignment system and Auto34 leverless tire changer.
Frost & Sullivan said Hunter introduced two advances in automotive service equipment design that:
* speed up the inspection and service processes;
* reduce the risk of damage;
* simplify equipment operation and employee training;
* enhance customer satisfaction;
* decrease equipment obsolescense; and
* make service business more profitable.
"In the automotive aftermarket, technology innovation is paramount in keeping up with changes in North American vehicle population," said Stephen Spivey, Frost & Sullivan's program leader.
"For service providers struggling to compete effectively in a consolidating industry environment, the timing and relevance of Hunter Engineering's recent technological advances cannot be better."
For more information, click here.