Every year, economist Dr. Ken Mayland is invited to Northeast Ohio to share his views on the economy with KeyCorp's investors and would-be investors. This year, the forecast was pessimistic.
With the re-election of President Barack Obama, Mayland sees the Obama administration as promoting the following policies:
* continued roll-out of the Affordable Health Care Act;
* tax increases on the "rich";
* the paring down the defense budget;
* persistance of big budget deficits; and
* continuation of the zero interest rate policy at the Federal Reserve.
He addressed some of them in his presentation, plus other "red flags" of note. To read about what he had to say, check out the latest blog from Modern Tire Dealer Editor Bob Ulrich, "Red flags and the fiscal cliff: one economist's not-very-optimistic views."
And let us know what you think by leaving a comment!