Warrior tires are coming to North America

May 4, 2011

China Manufacturers Alliance LLC (CMA) is following through on its plan to release a consumer tire line for the North American market. That line will be Warrior.

Groupe Michelin and CMA's parent company, Double Coin Holdings Ltd., are creating a joint venture plant that will produce Warrior-brand passenger car and light truck tires (see "Michelin partners with Chinese tire makers"). CMA will market the brand in the United States.

“CMA recognizes this strategic partnership as the first step in the marketing of passenger & light truck tires from Double Coin Holdings into North America,” says Aaron Murphy, CMA's vice president.

The joint venture is pending final approval by Chinese authorities and subject to further review. Once approval has been given, Michelin will own a 40% equity stake in the partnership; Double Coin Holdings will own the remaining 60%, as well as the rights to the brand.

The $491 million plant is being built at the Anhui Industrial Park in Wuwei County, Anhui Province, China.

CMA manufactures and markets flag (Double Coin), associate & private brand commercial and consumer products produced by Double Coin Holdings as well as from several other manufacturers. For more information, visit doublecoin-us.com.