American Tire DIstributors Inc. (ATD) has expanded the Hercules line to include a new all-season mud tire, the TIS TT1. The tire was developed in partnership with TIS Offroad.
The tire - which is on display at this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show - will be available up to 26-inch wheel diameters.
Its availability will be phased, starting this month.
ATD says the Hercules TIS TT1 is designed for recreational off-road drivers and enthusiasts seeking a styled, aggressive look.
The tire features two distinct shoulder designs, which allows drivers customization options.
The product's aggressive tread pattern is made to grip in extreme conditions. Its shoulder lugs are bolstered and the tire's reinforced, three-ply sidewall provides extra protection.
The tire will be available in 19 high-flotation SKUs. It has a Q speed rating and a load range of E and F.
“The TIS TT1 is not only functional, but is designed with style in mind,” says Steven Liu, ATD’s vice president of product development.
“With a unique shoulder design on either side of the tire, Hercules and TIS Offroad have developed a cost-effective way to provide a customizable option that has proven to be popular with the recent launch of our Terra Trac ATX and TIS UT1."
The partnership with TIS Offroad opens up the Hercules line to a new segment of customers, particularly those served by TIS, says Myles Kovacs, president and founder of TIS Offroad.
Kovacs helped design and will aid in marketing the new tire. (Earlier this year, ATD and Kovacs' company introduced the TIS UT1, a Hercules-TIS co-branded tire for UTVs and ATVs.)
The new TIS TT1 combines Hercules’ proprietary compound, off-road traction and reliability with a unique price point,” notes Kovacs.
“In addition to providing the tire in core sizes, it will be available in wider sizes for enthusiasts. And by offering it to the entire ATD network, Hercules will also be able to tap into more of the TIS Offroad customer base.”
The tire will be available through ATD’s distribution network of approximately 80,000 customers nationwide. Dealers enrolled in the Hercules Power Program will have access to exclusive program benefits.
Here's a roundup of some of the new TIS T's design elements:
- A robust tread compound formulated to enhance durability with strength and puncture resistance in adverse driving conditions;
- An optimized profile shape to provide a footprint with balanced pressure distribution to support even wear and longevity;
- Tread block geometry and optimized void ratio that work in tandem to expel mud, dirt, rocks and water, while also reducing irregular wear;
- A reinforced shoulder design that enhances overall strength at high stress points, while increasing grip, handling and cornering confidence;
- A stair-step tread design that adds rigidity, improves self-cleaning capability and prevents stone drilling and debris retention.
The TIS TT1 carries the Hercules Performance Promise with a 45-day “Trust Our Ride” test drive, workmanship and materials coverage and road hazard protection.