SEMA Show, pre-show: No budget woes for TIA
To the Tire Industry Association (TIA), black is the new… black. Tom Formanek said as much at the annual TIA meeting on Nov. 4, 2013.
Formanek, TIA’s treasurer, reported that the association ended the 2012 fiscal year in the black. In addition, early results for the 2013 fiscal year are well ahead of budget.
“Our membership numbers continue to be strong (1,008 new members last year), and we have a solid cash reserve,” he said. As always, the Executive Committee and the board of directors continues to monitor TIA’s financials and will make any necessary adjustments to keep the association in a strong financial position.”
New board members
There were eight members elected to the board. Five were new members. They are:
1. Bob Bignell, executive director of the Ontario Tire Dealers Association. He will serve as the new state/provincial representative on the board.
2. Anthony Blackman, president of Atlantic Tire & Service in Cary, N.C.
3. Joseph Henmueller is the director of administration for the Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association and the Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) located in Arlington Heights, Ill.
4. Brian Rigney is general manager of Dill Air Control Products in Oxford, N.C.
5. Jon Schadl is the national sales manager at K&M Tire in Delphos, Ohio.
In addition, the three returning members on the board are Ernie Caramanico, president of Amityville Firestone in Amityville, N.Y.; Lyssa Da Costa, manager of marketing for Hercules Tire International; and Tom Wright, owner of Wright Tire Service in Anoka, Minn.