Bauer Built ups scholarship total by $6,000
Bauer Built Inc. recently awarded $6,000 to the winners of the 2013 G.F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer/Bauer Built Inc. Scholarship Award. Bauer Built introduced this program in 1994 in commemoration of its 50th anniversary and in honor of their founders, G. F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer.
The following students were awarded $1,000 each:
1. Brooke Fenske from Fremont High School in Fremont, Neb. Brooke is the daughter of Lyle and Carol Fenske of Fremont; Lyle is an outside sales person at the Bauer Built Tire Center in Fremont. Brooke will be attending the University of Nebraska-Omaha to study dental hygiene.
2. Heather Gibson from Eleva-Strum High School in Strum, Wis. Heather is the daughter of Gary and Jean Gibson of Eleva. Jean is the administrative assistant for the Property & Equipment Department at Bauer Built’s headquarters in Durand. Heather will be attending Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire, Wis., the field of dental hygiene.
3. Shaina Hayden from Durand High School in Durand, Wis. Shaina is the daughter of Glenn and Gina Hayden of Arkansaw. Glenn is a retreader at the Durand Retread Shop. Shaina’s plans are to attend Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire to obtain a degree in nursing.
4. Samuel Jasperson from Durand High School. Samuel is the son of Ronald and Rebecca Jasperson of Durand and the grandson of Mary Asher, who is an account specialist at Bauer Built’s headquarters in Durand. Samuel’s plans include attending University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and majoring in health science and business.
5. Corey Lane from Durand High School. Corey is the daughter of Jody and Trudi Lane of Durand. Jody is the manager of the Durand Wholesale Division. She is also the granddaughter of Larry Weber (Marcia), retired owner of Bauer Built, and the great granddaughter of Sam and Ethel Bauer. Corey will be attending University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire to study business administration.
6. Cory Sullivan from Avon High School in Avon, Ind. Cory is the son of Rodney and Michele Sullivan of Avon. Rodney is the store manager of the Bauer Built Tire Center in Indianapolis. Corey will be attending Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind., and major in agribusiness.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must first be either 1) a Bauer Built employee or 2) a son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter or grandchild of a Bauer Built employee. They also must be graduating from high school and enrolled in a post-secondary course of instruction.
Each applicant must submit a hand-written essay on his or her field of study being pursued along with career goals, two letters of recommendation and verification of grade-point average. Typically, six scholarships are awarded annually.
Since 1994, Bauer Built has awarded more than $75,000 in scholarships. For more information on the company, visit www.bauerbuilt.com.