Kumho introduces premium all-terrain tire
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. has high hopes for its latest consumer tire, the Road Venture SAT. Company officials introduced the tire to dealers at the Kumho dealer meeting in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, earlier today.
The all-terrain tire, available in both P-metric and LT sizes, is targeted "for the active family," according to Charles van Huesden, manager of training and product planning. It features the following:
* Kumho ESCOT casing technology for ride comfort and steering response.
* winter tire traction, as evidenced by the Severe Snow Flake weather symbol on the sidewall.
* a semi-center rib designed to provide steering stability and a quiet ride.
* tie bars that provide tread block stiffness.
* rotation wear indicators strategically placed across the tread surface area.
The premium tire, which competes against the likes of the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo and Michelin A/T II, targets vehicles like the Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Tahoe, Ford F-150, Honda Ridgeline, Toyota FJ Cruiser and Toyota Tundra. It is available in 15 S-rated passenger tire sizes ranging from P225/75R15 to P275/65R18.
An additional 10 LT sizes, ranging from 30x9.50R15 to LT285/75R16, also are available.
In addition to the SAT, Kumho says its 2009 marketing plans call for the continued push of its Ecsta LX Platinum line, which was introduced last year. Both are premium tires marketed at premium price points.