22 vie for 6 spots on TIA's board of directors
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has announced the slate of candidates for the 2012 board of directors election.
The TIA membership will vote in open elections to place six individuals onto the TIA board for three-year terms. The following is a list of the 22 nominees for the board:
1. Michael Baggett, Yokohama Tire Corp., OTR Division, Santa Rosa Beach, Fla..
2. Dan Baker, Schrader International, Muskogee, Okla.
3. Russell Belcher, ITW Professional Automotive Products, Wynn’s/ QMI, Sanford, Fla.
4. Wayne Croswell, WECnology LLC, Amherst, N.H.
5. Satyabrata Das, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Birla Tyres, India, Asia, London, United Kingdom.
6. Suleman Daud, Zafco US/ZTI Tire Inc., Miami, Fla.
7. John Evankovich, Sam’s Club, Bentonville, Ark.
8. Dick Gust, Liberty Tire Recycling, Chicago, Ill.
9. Scot Holloway, Bartec USA LLC, Sterling Heights, Mich.
10. Wayne Jackson, International Tire Repair Solutions Inc., West Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
11. Keith Jarman, AME International, Brooksville, Fla.
12. Tom Klinge, Klinge & Co. PTY Ltd., Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
13. Steve Landis, Continental Automotive Systems, Commercial Vehicles & Aftermarket-NAFTA, Allentown, Pa.
14. David Martin, American Tire Distributors Inc., Huntersville, N.C.
15. Michael McGee, McGee Auto Service & Tires, Lakeland, Fla.
16. Doug Meekins, Brooks-Huff Tire & Auto Centers, Hunt Valley, Md.
17. James Melvin Jr., Melvin’s Tire Pros and Auto Service Centers, North Kingstown, R.I.
18. Erik Miller, H & H Industries Inc., Oak Hill, Ohio.
19. Kedar Murthy, Lehigh Technologies, Tucker, Ga.
20. Glen Nicholson, TBC Retail Group, Juno Beach, Fla.
21. Philip Nigh, Elgi Rubber Co., Luling, Texas.
21. Larry Williams, University Tire and Auto Center Inc., Charlottesville, Va.
22. Mike Wolfe, Southeastern Wholesale Tire, Raleigh, N.C.
Current TIA members can cast their ballot by visiting the TIA homepage, www.tireindustry.org, and clicking on the “Please click here to vote online” link. Members also will receive e-mails and paper ballots this month.
If not submitting online, ballots must be faxed to (301) 430-7283, or postmarked by Sept. 1, 2012, to TIA’s office in Bowie, Md. Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking their office on Monday, Oct. 29, 2012, at TIA’s Annual Meeting at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nev.
TIA’s volunteer board is comprised of 23 individuals from across the various sectors of the tire industry, including automotive, commercial, retreading, and recycling.