Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T Is a Hybrid All-Terrain Tire
The Baja Boss A/T hybrid all-terrain tire from Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels comes in sizes up to 24 inches.
The tire blends aggressive looks with a smooth performance, and features an asymmetric tread design to reduce noise and provide wet and snow performance with both on-road and off-road traction.
"We are pleased to announce the new Baja Boss A/T tire line, featuring PowerPly XD construction," said Ken Warner, vice president of marketing for Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels. "This new hybrid tire is a great addition to the Mickey Thompson line. We’ve combined the best features of our popular Baja ATZp3 with new, innovative technology to deliver the best hybrid all-terrain tire for our customers. Baja Boss A/T is a true all-weather tire, ready for anything."
The tire's Extreme Sidebiters offer a bold look, along with grip , plus an all-new silica-reinforced compound provides long wear, all-weather performance and cut/chip resistance. The tire is available in sizes to fit 16-, 17- 18-, 20-, 22- and 24-inch wheels.
Among the Baja Boss A/T tire's highlights are:
- large surface area tread elements for a greater contact area;
- shoulder scallops for an additional biting edge;
- sound-deadening ribs for stability and a quiet ride;
- enhanced stone ejectors to reduce debris retention;
- PowerPly XD with 50% heavier denier cord on the biased-angled third ply for protection, handling and stability;
- rim flange protector for added wheel protection;
- the 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMS) symbol, which certifies that all sizes 12.50 (315) and narrower are Severe Snow Service rated;
- a 50,000-mile tread wear warranty;
- increased-load LT-Metric sizing for heavy duty applications;
- lower-load floatation sizing for half-ton, lighter trucks and SUVs.
Several of the Baja Boss A/T tire's sizes are approved for 12-inch and 14-inch wide wheels including three 35X15.50 sizes. A 35-inch tire is approved for 17x6.5 "dually" wheels.
Tire dealers may order the tire for April delivery.