Continental Launches 7 OTR Tires at MINExpo
The OTR tires being introduced by Continental Commercial Specialty Tires, a subsidiary of Continental Tire the Americas LLC, at MINExpo International 2016 are big, but so is the Las Vegas Convention Center.
MINExpo International 2016, which began Sept. 26, will run through Sept. 28.
There are seven new OTR tires in all, and they will fit easily onto the more than 840,000 square feet of floor space. They were designed following Continental's "customized solution approach," which means every tire line was developed for an individual vehicle type.
Three of tires are part of Continental's ContiEarth portfolio of specialty tires, which were "specifically designed for the extreme conditions our customers are facing in the earthmoving sector,” says Christian Luther, product line manager for earthmover tires. There are two EM-Master tires; both were designed for articulated dump trucks (ADTs), loaders and dozers.
1. ContiEarth EM-Master E3/L3. The tire features a normal tread depth and wide spacing between the blocks. This results in excellent self-cleaning characteristics, good traction, and maneuverability even in muddy terrain. The open tread design and normal tread depth of 100% offers better cooling characteristics and, therefore, less heat buildup, resulting in a long service life.
2. ContiEarth EM-Master E4/L4. Compared to the E3/L3 the EM-Master E4/L4 features a greater block size with less spacing between the blocks and a deeper tread depth. The tire offers a high carcass protection and superior cutting resistance, minimizing the risk of punctures and downtimes. The smaller tread block spacing results in smooth running, even on hard surfaces. Due to its high tread wear volume, the Continental EM-Master E4/L4 also offers an excellent service life.
Both ContiEarth EM-Master E3/L3 and E4/L4 will be available in sizes 23.5R25, 26.5R25 and 29.5R25; the EM-Master E3/L3 also will be available in size 20.5R25.
3. ContiEarth RDT-Master. Designed for rigid dump trucks, the RDT-Master features a special tread design with a deep tread depth and a wide and flat tread radius that offer high loading capacity and cutting resistance. The angled tread edges, in addition to the open shoulder design, facilitate high lateral stability, which results in better driving behavior. The open tread design also results in excellent self-cleaning characteristics.
The RDT-Master E4 is available in sizes 18.00R33, 21.00R33 and 24.00R35.
Continental also launched four new ContiMine underground mining tires.
4. ContiMine UndergroundMaster. Designed for shuttle cars and face haulers, the tire features Continental’s unique V.ply technology, which gives the UndergroundMaster extremely high carcass strength. The reverse outer block direction of the tire pattern improves lateral stability and driving accuracy, ensuring safe cornering even on loose soil.
5. ContiMine DrillMaster. Designed for drill rigs, scalers and bolters, the DrillMaster also features V.ply construction, plus a highly cut-resistant carcass. The tire's zigzag tread design offers a maximum amount of gripping edges in all directions to manage steep inclines and tight cornering safely.
6. ContiMine DumperMaster. Designed for mining trucks, the DumpMaster runs with low heat build-up because of its all-steel radial carcass. The up to four star rating carcass design allows extremely high load-carrying capacity that increases efficiency in material hauling. The tread pattern ensures high self-cleaning ability and good traction in muddy and loose ground conditions.
7. ContiMine ScoopMaster. Designed for loaders and scoops, the tire features premium tread and sidewall rubber compounds that provide maximum resistance to rock cutting, penetrations, and tearing. The special V.ply construction, in combination with the carcass rubber compound, provides high carcass strength, excellent flex fatigue, and sidewall damage resistance. The extra deep L5S tread design offers additional carcass protection and high wear volume for good mileage performance.
Initially, the ContiMine size range will comprise 28 tires, which will be launched through the end of 2017. Continental will evalute additional customer requirements that may lead to a further portfolio extension.
Continental also will hold live demonstrations of the iTire (integrated sensor), ContiPressureCheck (which works in conjunction with iTire) and Continental’s upcoming telematics solution ContiFlexBox (designed to enhance efficiency in customer operations) at its booth.
For more information on MINExpo International 2016, check out these links: