As 2023 draws to a close, check out the most downloaded Modern Tire Dealer Show episodes of the year.
1. Why There's Still a Place for Independent Tire Distributors. In this episode, which aired in October, Gabriel Granatstein, CEO of Canada Tire, which recently celebrated its 95th year in business, explained why he believes there’s still a place for independent tire distributors. “This business is not transactional, whether it’s with relationships with your suppliers or with your customers,” he said. “It’s about taking the long view.”
2. How Much Does Poor Customer Service Cost? In this June 2023 episode, Randy O’Connor, author of MTD's monthly Dealer Development column and owner of Dealer 2 Dealer Development Group, explained how tire dealers can calculate the true cost of mistakes within their shops and then help their teams understand what those errors mean to the bottom line. “It comes down to finding where you’re going to share numbers and having a meaningful scoreboard,” he said.
3. What’s Next for Sun Auto Tire & Service? In this episode from mid-December, Tony Puckett, CEO of Sun Auto Tire & Service Inc., which has doubled its store count in the past 24 months, provided a preview of Sun Auto Tire’s activities in 2024, while discussing factors that are impacting tire dealership mergers and acquisitions. “On a market-by-market basis, I think there will be opportunities,” he said.
4. Bainbridge Provides a Master Class in Marketing. With nearly 50 years of experience, having worked for both tire manufacturers and tire dealerships, Bill Bainbridge is one of the industry's most accomplished, successful marketers. He discussed how retail tire marketing will continue to evolve in this episode, which aired in July. Digital marketing “is an ever-evolving opportunity, but don’t forget traditional things, as well,” Bainbridge advised.
5. Four Things to Watch in the Tire Industry in 2024. In this episode of The Modern Tire Dealer Show, tire industry analyst John Healy, who also writes MTD’s monthly Your Marketplace column, broke down the big issues of the first six months of 2023, while discussing four things MTD readers should look out for during the second half of the year.
Check out the special year-in-review episode of The Modern Tire Dealer Show, which will be available Dec. 28 on www.moderntiredealer.com, as well as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Audible and other platforms.